Thursday, June 21, 2012

New Territory

Well, this is my very first post on what appears to be a blog I set up myself. Anyone who knows me knows very well that I am now mystified by technology, so I hope this isn't too boring or old fashioned.  Unfortunately I am boring and old fashioned so if it is, well, too bad.


My name is Jacquelynne and I am the stay-at-home mother of four crazy and possibly spoiled kids. I love to cook, bake, garden, and when I get a project into my head (right now that project is heirloom tomatoes) I generally go all crazy and obsessive until I figure everything out.  I am wife to the G-Man (haha) and of all the things we are, quiet and calm we really are not.  My children are:  Persistent Boy, almost 10; Sunshine Girl, 8; The Charming Lass, 5 and CrazyWild Son, almost 3.


Unfortunately on the road to motherhood, my writing skills and basic grammar skills got ditched because of sleep deprivation for things like the need for sanity. For example, I just took a break from writing this to teach the Charming Lass unsuccessfully how to snap her fingers. So if I am a nightmare grammatically, please just take it with a grain of salt.


My mission as a Mom is to raise healthy, happy children. I rarely accomplish this but I never stop trying. My family and I are moving to a 480 acre farm in North-East Saskatchewan. My life has been a chaotic mess for the past two and half years, and I am more than a bit interested in ditching the city life and finding my head in the quiet of the country. I believe the space will give CrazyWild Son a chance to burn off all his energy, give Persistent Boy some lessons in hard work, give Sunshine Girl a break from the all too grown-up atmosphere of her Grade 2 classroom, let the Charming Lass break out her Hippie self in full force, and maybe help me find some peace.  The G-Man has never belonged in a city, and like CrazyWild Son, he needs space to exist.


I have always loved Little House on the Prairie, and although the Saskatchewan Prairie has been settled for a long while, this little family is headed out to do some homesteading for the 22nd (???) century that has meaning and far less chemicals.  


This blog may contain a bunch of stuff that doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but it is my hope that it will be interesting! Stay tuned for baking and cooking entries, garden entries, canning entries, Jackie-learning-to-shovel-poop entries, and all sorts of stuff.


I am super hopeful one of my very first posts will be the much-asked-for recipe for cinnamon buns, with photos on how to make the dough and assemble them.




Thanks for stopping by :)

2 comments:

  1. Love it!!! Can't wait to follow along, especially to see how you adjust to country life :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome Jackie! Love the not so supermum, so much i can relate to i can't wait to follow along!!

    ReplyDelete